With careful hardware selection you can avoid the pitfalls to gaming in a VM.
Well not the security pitfalls, although they are mostly contained in a VM.
Also with the correct hardware you can game with 95% of the performance when
compared to bare metal.  There are many pitfalls to avoid like Nvidia blocking
PCI pass-through to AMD reset bugs.  These can be avoided with careful hardware
selection.

This link will get you started in your search for gaming in a VM.

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/play-games-in-windows-on-linux-pci-passthrough-quick-guide/108981

Please do not bother the good developers here with questions as I believe this
is outside the scope of qubes.  Take any questions you have to Level1Techs.

John