Having fun with qubes r4 but can't help myself with this problem.

sudo lvs, shows me a bunch of deleted VM's that 'seem' to eat up my disk space.

1) Mostly used  Qubes Manager to delete them. How do you delete appVM's /
TemplateVM's the right way so that no zombies will up on sudo lvs?

2) Why do i see these deleted VMs in /dev/qubes_dom0/ better yet these deleted
VM's leave stuff / traces on disk in,
/dev/mapper/
/dev/qubes_dom0/
/home/XXX/.config/menus/applications-merged/user-vmName-vm.menu
/var/log/qubes/
/var/log/xen/

3) sudo lvdisplay is showing me backups, vm-<vm_name>-number-back, are these
actual backups?
Aince i do manual backups to another disk, how do i disable these?