On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 10:40:45 AM UTC+2, awokd wrote:
> dimi wrote on 12/17/18 7:03 AM:

> >> 1) Can't recreate- might be an LVS thing. Have you rebooted since
> >> deleting the VMs?
> >>
> >> 2) Same for /dev/mapper and /dev/qubes_dom0. I do see some stale entries
> >> in /home/XXX/.config/menus/applications-merged/user-vmName-vm.menu,
> >> though. Might be ones I had restored from 3.2. These can probably be
> >> safely deleted. Those log files don't get pruned automatically AFAIK, so
> >> you will see old entries out there unless you set up a job to
> >> periodically delete old ones.
> >>
> >> 3) Those -back are snapshots kept so you can rollback. See
> >> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/software-update-vm/#reverting-changes-to-a-templatevm-r40
> >> for a little more info.
> >
> > 1) yes, plenty of reboots have happened
> > 2) pure r4 install here, are you suggesting rm command to delete or some
> > other qubes command i am not aware of?
> > 3) well since i deleted the VM's and/or Templates why would i need to keep
> > those snapshots around. How do i correctly remove these?
> > 3)
>
> 1) I usually use qvm-remove to delete VMs, but Qube Manager should do
> exactly the same thing. Are you making sure they're shutdown before
> deleting?
> 2) rm to delete the old menu entries and log files. I guess lvremove to
> get rid of the old volumes listed with lvs, my assumption being Qubes
> will realize they are gone and handle the entries in /dev/qubes_dom0
> appropriately. Haven't encountered this problem before.
> 3) Also lvremove.

1) Yes, VM's are shutdown before removing. I am double, tripple checking before
any delete action.
2) ok
3) ok

Thank you for teaching me awokd, lvremove /dev/qubes_dom0/vm-leftover-private
did it.
Will reboot once i am done cleaning up, quiet a few leftovers here.
And you are saying that your lvs does not show you any traces of left over VM's?
How could i prevent that from future happing? Dreadfully go through a Qubes
reinstall, i had some problems with Anaconda and restore backuped VMs?