On Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 2:45:13 PM UTC-4, Brendan Hoar wrote:
> On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 1:01:12 PM UTC-4, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've published the first post on my blog:
> > https://blog.marmarek.net/blog/2018/10/11/keyboard-backlight-color-qubes.html
>
> I'm fairly certain I read about a CIA, NSA or DOD deployed OS that did
> something very similar: the keyboard {back-,indicator-}light color was
> changed by the OS when the compartment or security context changed.
> Unfortunately I can't seem to track down the reference now.

Hi Marek,

I found it! DOD/NSA uses a product called SecureView for some work, built on
XenClient/OpenXT. Not surprisingly, this particular page references Qubes:
https://trmm.net/SecureView

Anwyay, their keyboard color-coding is called GlowView ...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dd5J-_GUwAEl8lb.jpg

Brendan