> > On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 1:01:12 PM UTC-4, Marek
> > Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> > > I've published the first post on my blog:
> > > https://blog.marmarek.net/blog/2018/10/11/keyboard-backlight-color-qubes.html

In the spirit of fun, after I ran across a $13 USB device that is, essentially,
a serial-port connected RGB LED...

https://fit-iot.com/web/product/fit-statusb/
http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Fit-statUSB

...I took Marmarek's keyboard-color script, modified it a bit, and voila, I now
have a little night-light indicator as an extra reminder on which VM has focus.
My wife was amused...ish at this < 2hr project.

Right now, I don't have any custom scripts or executables on the sys-usb side,
the script just printf's to a cat >> redirect. There probably should be
something sys-usb side to identify the correct /dev/ttyACM{0,1,2} device, set
the tty speed and reset the permissions, esp. after a suspend or
removal/insertion.

Enjoy

https://pastebin.com/H6bj5tSS

Brendan