<snip>

> I don't need a core sample of the moon to know that it isn't made of green
> cheese.  Doesn't matter what the videos showed.  There are lots of videos
> that "prove" and impossible claim.  If you want to believe that, it's
> completely up to you.
>
> VMs have longer code paths than native.  That alone would cause a perf hit.
> Then there is the noisy neighbor problem and the fact that dom0 has to cycle
> steal.  Anyone with a lick of common sense would see the impossibility of
> such a claim.

You are correct their are some wacky videos out on the Internet.  I wouldn't
trust these videos if they didn't come from reliable sources, Level1techs are
legit.

I will assume by longer code paths you are referring to the execution times.
This is true however the path is roughly only a 5% longer to execute time
penalty yielding 95% of the bare metal performance. Red Hat provides most of
the speed boost with their virtio drivers.  You can learn more here,

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/creating-windows-virtual-machines-using-virtio-drivers/index.html

When we believe strongly about something we tend to have tunnel vision and
can't see outside the box.  I can only present that it works, I can not open
your mind up to see outside the box nor do I want too.  I respect your opinion
and will hope you can do the same.

Anyway, this will be my last response unless I have something new to share.  I
freely give you the last word if you need it.

I hope you and family and everyone on this group have a very Happy New Year!

Peace!