On 01/09/2019 06:41 PM, Stumpy wrote:
On 1/8/19 7:59 PM, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
Stumpy wrote on 1/9/19 12:07 AM:
On 1/8/19 7:04 PM, Stumpy wrote:
I thought I had snap installed but the app i installed via snap now does not seem to be working? I installed snapd in dom0 then tried installing a snap package in one of appvms but I am getting errors. If i try to run a snap from dom0:
qvm-run gfx /snap/bin/xnview

I get:
Running '/snap/bin/xnview/ on gfx
gfx: command failed with code: 1

when i try to run it within the appvm i get:
user@gfx:~$ xnview
Can not open /var/lib/snapd/seccomp/profiles//snap.xnview.xnview (No such file or directory)
aborting: No such file or directory

thoughts? please?

oh, and if i try to reinstall the app I get:
user@gfx:~$ sudo snap install xnview
snap "xnview" is already installed

Nothing should be installed to dom0. You'd have to install snapd in a template, and possibly the snap package. You might want to create a Standalone VM and install everything in there, instead of templates & AppVMs.

Thanks, I had thought I had to install on dom0 as well, perhaps not, though when I try to:

sudo snap install xnview from the template I get:
user@debian-9:~$ sudo snap install xnviewmp
error: cannot install "xnviewmp": Get https://search.apps.ubuntu.com/api/v1/snaps/details/core?channel=stable&fields=anon_download_url%2Carchitecture%2Cchannel%2Cdownload_sha3_384%2Csummary%2Cdescription%2Cdeltas%2Cbinary_filesize%2Cdownload_url%2Cepoch%2Cicon_url%2Clast_updated%2Cpackage_name%2Cprices%2Cpublisher%2Cratings_average%2Crevision%2Cscreenshot_urls%2Csnap_id%2Csupport_url%2Ctitle%2Ccontent%2Cversion%2Corigin%2Cdeveloper_id%2Cprivate%2Cconfinement: dial tcp: lookup search.apps.ubuntu.com on 10.137.3.254:53: dial udp 10.137.3.254:53: connect: network is unreachable

So i was thinking that doing a qubes-dom0-update something so it could get through? For the life of me i cant figure out what I did on my other computer to make it work but it works fine there.

I forgot to mention, it is installed in the appvm:

user@debian-9:~$ sudo apt-get install snapd
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
snapd is already the newest version (2.21-2+b1).

ideas?

Only apt is configured to access servers through the special Qubes proxy. Since templates have networking turned off by default, that means nothing else can download packages or data.

In the short term, you can try enabling networking temporarily for the template while you install snap packages. Just set the netvm in the template's settings.

In the long term, Qubes users may benefit from a special accommodation of snap, which has become a versatile and important way to install software. Support could include access through the update proxy and even special storage capabilities. Would be a good idea to open an enhancement issue for this. :)

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket