On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 7:49:36 PM UTC, Ivan Mitev wrote:

> Not sure it'll help but here's a git below with a list of the rpms
> installed in the templateVM of my sys-{net,firewall} vms so you can
> compare and check if you're missing something; the templateVM is a
> minimal fedora install but unlike yours its initial version was f26,
> upgraded to f28 and then to f29.
>
> https://gist.github.com/taradiddles/7db0970d464a5129213c3626c69fb1a3
>
> a crude way to generate such list in your templateVM:
>
> rpm -qa | sort | sed -e 's/-[0-9\.-].*//' > allrpms
>
> and then find differences:
>
> grep -xvf list_rpms_f29-1.txt allrpms
>
> (there will be a few packages that I have installed that are not needed
> for networking, eg. keepassxc, rsync, encfs, ...).

Thanks for that. I compared your rpm file to what I have in my
fedora-29-minimal clone for sys-net and sys-firewall, and the following
packages are the ones that you have in your working template which I do not
have in my non-working template:

aajohan-comfortaa-fonts
abattis-cantarell-fonts
adwaita-gtk2-theme
alsa-lib
annobin
atlas
avahi-glib
bc
binutils
boost-iostreams
boost-random
boost-system
boost-thread
brotli
bubblewrap
busybox
bzip2
bzip2-libs
cdparanoia-libs
cpp
cryptsetup
curl
dbus-glib
dejavu-sans-mono-fonts
device-mapper-multipath
device-mapper-multipath-libs
dkms
dosfstools
dwz
efi-srpm-macros
elfutils-libelf-devel
elfutils-libs
enca
exempi
exiv2
exiv2-libs
fedora-logos
fedora-obsolete-packages
flac-libs
fpc-srpm-macros
fuse
fuse-common
fuse-encfs
gcc
gcc-c++
gdisk
GeoIP
GeoIP-GeoLite-data
geolite2-city
geolite2-country
ghc-srpm-macros
ghostscript
ghostscript-core
ghostscript-fonts
ghostscript-tools-fonts
ghostscript-tools-printing
giflib
glibc-devel
glibc-headers
glx-utils
gmime
gmime30
gnat-srpm-macros
gnome-autoar
gnome-desktop3
gnome-themes-extra
go-srpm-macros
google-noto-emoji-color-fonts
gpg-pubkey
gpg-pubkey
groff-base
grub2-pc
grub2-pc-modules
grub2-tools-efi
grub2-tools-extra
gstreamer1
gstreamer1-plugins-base
gtk2
gvfs
gvfs-client
ipcalc
iproute
iproute-tc
iputils
isl
iso-codes
iw
iwl7260-firmware
keepassxc
kernel
kernel
kernel
kernel-core
kernel-core
kernel-core
kernel-devel
kernel-devel
kernel-devel
kernel-headers
kernel-modules
kernel-modules
kernel-modules
libaio
libatasmart
libblockdev
libblockdev-crypto
libblockdev-fs
libblockdev-loop
libblockdev-mdraid
libblockdev-part
libblockdev-swap
libblockdev-utils
libbluray
libbytesize
libcdio
libcdio-paranoia
libcue
libcurl
libexif
libgexiv2
libglvnd-gles
libgrss
libgsf
libgxps
libicu
libimobiledevice
libiptcdata
libmetalink
libmodulemd
libmpc
libnsl
libogg
libosinfo
libplist
libquvi
libquvi-scripts
librados2
libsodium
libssh
libstdc++-devel
libtheora
libudisks2
libusbmuxd
libvisual
libvorbis
libxcrypt-devel
libXfont
libxkbcommon-x11
libxslt
libXv
libyubikey
linux-atm-libs
linux-firmware
llvm-libs
lttng-ust
lua
lua-expat
lua-json
lua-lpeg
lua-socket
lzo
mdadm
mesa-dri-drivers
mesa-filesystem
nautilus
nautilus-extensions
nautilus-python
netconsole-service
network-scripts
nim-srpm-macros
nspr
nss
nss-pem
nss-softokn
nss-softokn-freebl
nss-sysinit
nss-tools
nss-util
ntfs
ntfsprogs
ocaml-srpm-macros
openblas-srpm-macros
opus
orc
osinfo-db
osinfo-db-tools
parted
pcre2
pcre2-utf16
perl
perl-Algorithm-Diff
perl-Archive-Tar
perl-Archive-Zip
perl-Attribute-Handlers
perl-autodie
perl-B-Debug
perl-bignum
perl-Carp
perl-Compress-Bzip2
perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2
perl-Compress-Raw-Zlib
perl-Config-Perl-V
perl-constant
perl-CPAN
perl-CPAN-Meta
perl-CPAN-Meta-Requirements
perl-CPAN-Meta-YAML
perl-Data-Dumper
perl-Data-OptList
perl-Data-Section
perl-DB_File
perl-devel
perl-Devel-Peek
perl-Devel-PPPort
perl-Devel-SelfStubber
perl-Devel-Size
perl-Digest
perl-Digest-MD5
perl-Digest-SHA
perl-Encode
perl-Encode-devel
perl-Encode-Locale
perl-encoding
perl-Env
perl-Errno
perl-experimental
perl-Exporter
perl-ExtUtils-CBuilder
perl-ExtUtils-Command
perl-ExtUtils-Embed
perl-ExtUtils-Install
perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker
perl-ExtUtils-Manifest
perl-ExtUtils-Miniperl
perl-ExtUtils-MM-Utils
perl-ExtUtils-ParseXS
perl-File-Fetch
perl-File-HomeDir
perl-File-Path
perl-File-Temp
perl-File-Which
perl-Filter
perl-Filter-Simple
perl-Getopt-Long
perl-HTTP-Tiny
perl-inc-latest
perl-interpreter
perl-IO
perl-IO-Compress
perl-IO-Socket-IP
perl-IO-Socket-SSL
perl-IO-Zlib
perl-IPC-Cmd
perl-IPC-System-Simple
perl-IPC-SysV
perl-JSON-PP
perl-libnet
perl-libnetcfg
perl-libs
perl-local-lib
perl-Locale-Codes
perl-Locale-Maketext
perl-Locale-Maketext-Simple
perl-macros
perl-Math-BigInt
perl-Math-BigInt-FastCalc
perl-Math-BigRat
perl-Math-Complex
perl-Memoize
perl-MIME-Base64
perl-Module-Build
perl-Module-CoreList
perl-Module-CoreList-tools
perl-Module-Load
perl-Module-Load-Conditional
perl-Module-Loaded
perl-Module-Metadata
perl-Mozilla-CA
perl-MRO-Compat
perl-Net-Ping
perl-Net-SSLeay
perl-open
perl-Package-Generator
perl-Params-Check
perl-Params-Util
perl-parent
perl-PathTools
perl-Perl-OSType
perl-perlfaq
perl-PerlIO-via-QuotedPrint
perl-Pod-Checker
perl-Pod-Escapes
perl-Pod-Html
perl-Pod-Parser
perl-Pod-Perldoc
perl-Pod-Simple
perl-Pod-Usage
perl-podlators
perl-Scalar-List-Utils
perl-SelfLoader
perl-Socket
perl-Software-License
perl-srpm-macros
perl-Storable
perl-Sub-Exporter
perl-Sub-Install
perl-Sys-Syslog
perl-Term-ANSIColor
perl-Term-Cap
perl-TermReadKey
perl-Test
perl-Test-Harness
perl-Test-Simple
perl-Text-Balanced
perl-Text-Diff
perl-Text-Glob
perl-Text-ParseWords
perl-Text-Tabs+Wrap
perl-Text-Template
perl-Thread-Queue
perl-threads
perl-threads-shared
perl-Time-HiRes
perl-Time-Local
perl-Time-Piece
perl-Unicode-Collate
perl-Unicode-Normalize
perl-URI
perl-utils
perl-version
poppler
poppler-data
poppler-glib
pwgen
python-srpm-macros
python2-cffi
python2-ply
python2-pycparser
python2-six
python2-xcffib
python3-dbus
python3-gobject-base
python3-librepo
python3-pyparsing
python3-smartcols
qt-settings
qt5-qtbase
qt5-qtbase-common
qt5-qtbase-gui
qt5-qtx11extras
qt5-srpm-macros
qubes-core-agent-nautilus
qubes-gpg-split
qubes-kernel-vm-support
qubes-kernel-vm-support
readonly-root
redhat-rpm-config
rsync
rust-srpm-macros
sharutils
systemtap-sdt-devel
taglib
tinyxml2
totem-pl-parser
tracker
tracker-miners
udisks2
unzip
upower
userspace-rcu
ustr
volume_key-libs
xcb-util
xcb-util-image
xcb-util-keysyms
xcb-util-renderutil
xcb-util-wm
xfsprogs
xml-common
xz-libs
ykpers
zip
zlib-devel

I wish I knew enough to be able to look at them and have an inkling of which
might be the missing key(s), but my knowledge of packages is minimal. Perhaps
someone with more familiarity could point out some possiblities.