I am sure almost everyone has one or more appVMs in which they autostart
programs. That is, how do I set things up so that when a particular appVM is
automatically launched at boot time (or I manually start it), one or more
programs get started automatically? For example, in my "personal" Qube, I want
Thunderbird, Slack (the collaboration tool) and Dropbox to start automatically.

This is another thing I did under "straight" Linux, that I cannot see how to do
under Qubes. I did the RTFM and attempted to find something relevant in the
qubes-users forum -- no luck (or I missed seeing anything).