On Monday, 25 February 2019 08:16:32 UTC+11, 799  wrote:
> Hello Alex,
>

> I have succesfully used your .ISO to build a test-android AppVM, following
> your howto.
>

> > Create android VM in dom0:
> > qvm-create --class StandaloneVM --label green --property virt_mode=hvm
> > android
> > qvm-prefs android kernel ''
> > qvm-prefs android 'sys-android'
>
> I think this is a typo and should be:
>
> qvm-prefs android netvm 'sys-android'
>
> (while I have used sys-firewall as netvm)
>
> > qvm-prefs android memory '2048'
> > qvm-prefs android maxmem '2048'
> > qvm-volume extend android:root 20g
> > Start the android VM with iso:
> > qvm-start android
> > --cdrom=android-builder:/home/user/android-x86/out/target/product/x86_64/android_x86_64.iso
> > Install android-x86 on xvda and reboot.
> > Start android VM without iso:
> > qvm-start android
> > When it'll start, kill the VM and wait for it to halt.
> > Configure android VM to use the mouse in dom0:
> > sudo mkdir -p /etc/qubes/templates/libvirt/xen/by-name/
> > sudo cp /etc/libvirt/libxl/android.xml
> > /etc/qubes/templates/libvirt/xen/by-name/android.xml
> > sudo sed -i -e 's/tablet/mouse/g'
> > /etc/qubes/templates/libvirt/xen/by-name/android.xml
> > Start android VM without iso and it should work fine:
> > qvm-start android
>

> Two Questions:
>
> 1) Is there any way to change the display resolution of the Android AppVM, as
> I am running it on a LowRes x230 and the window is slightly to high.
>
> 2) Even after launching the android AppVM without the ISO, the ISO-Boot-Up
> windows comes and I need to choose Other Options and then Boot from local
> harddisk to continue booting the AppVM - any idea how to change this?
>
> 3) The mouse seems strange, as I see two mouse pointers, the one in dom0 and
> the one in android and they are not synchronized.
> While it is possible to use the mouse, it would be nice if there is only one
> mouse pointer. Can this be done?
>

> - O

Hi, please note that Alex's guide was created just before Android-x86 Oreo was
released. If you change 'repo init -u
git://git.osdn.net/gitroot/android-x86/manifest -b android-x86-7.1-r2' to 'repo
init -u git://git.osdn.net/gitroot/android-x86/manifest -b oreo-x86', you'll
have no mouse issues. Just rememeber not to do Alex's steps on fixing the mouse
if you do, as you'll just recreate the mouse problem.

When you rebooted the appvm, and shut down the builder VM, the iso should have
detached from the android appvm. Reboot Qubes if it hasn't.

I've been changing resolution by affixing 'vga=(desired resolution code)' to
the end of the kernel. You can type vga=ask to get a list of resolution codes.
You do this by pressing 'e' when you get the boot options, and then 'e' again.
It will look something like 'kernel /android-2019-02-18/kernelvga=ask quiet
etc, etc'.