On 4/24/19 12:58 PM, Claudio Chinicz wrote:
On 18/03/2019 12:10, Claudio Chinicz wrote:
Hi All,

I'm getting notification that I need to update Fedora-29 (Qubes 4.0.1), I do it but it keeps asking to update.

On Qubes manager all VMs based on Fedora-29 template show they need to restart because I've updated Fedora-29, although it keeps asking to update.

I've even updated it manaully (opened terminal and issued sudo dnf update/upgrade) and it seems updated, but still Qubes thinks it needs to update.

Any insights?

Thanks,

Claudio Chinicz

Hi again,

After a long time, the issue returned and for almost I see the update icon on the upper right corner indicating I need to update Fedora 29 template.

When I try to update, I get an error saying "Failed to synchronize cache for repo \ 'fedora-modular\'\n ..... Comment: System is already up-to-date\n".

When I try to update using command line I get this error message:

sudo dnf update

Error: Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'fedora-modular'

Anyone else has been having this same problem? any ideas how to clear it?

Thanks in advance,

Claudio

what does dom0
$qubes-prefs   say  for  updateVM  ?

did you happen to recently change anything? I suppose you are aware that the Qubes Manager sometimes won't get rid of the little green arrow even though your up to date ? If your saying that you closed your Fedora-29 template and then closed all your AppVM Qubes and restarted them and still see the recycle green circle on them, I've never heard of that problem before .....

have you ever done

$sudo dnf upgrade        vs  update