On 6/8/19 6:16 PM, mmo...@disroot.org wrote:
Well after some more troubleshooting I found the root cause. It seems to be related with the MTU. Wireguard by default sets its vif with a MTU of 1420 while the other AppVms are using a default MTU of 1500 which causes the hanging and stall in the connection request.

When I set the interfaces of the AppVms to 1420 the problem is solved. However I wonder if it's possible to preserve this change for any AppVm?

Does anyone knows?

Search on 'packet fragmentation' here and elsewhere. You should at least find discussion about openvpn probing the MTU and handling packet fragmentation. I wonder if this is a case of Wireguard requiring manual configuration where openvpn does not.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket