jonmchenry...@gmail.com wrote on 6/15/19 10:51 PM:

Thanks for responding.  I completed the process all over again from scratch,
ensuring that the sequence was correct.  I'm still getting the same result.
Not sure what to do from here, but the feeling that there is something so
simple that I'm missing is driving me nuts lol.  I can use Zotero online but
it's not as seamless without the desktop client.  I'm using this for my
dissertation.

If you just want a quick and dirty way to do it, create a Standalone VM based from a template. It will act like an ordinary VM then, so you'll have to update it separately, etc.