Very nice to finally have a certified Qubes laptop!

Personally, for me it would be nice if there was a more powerful
alternative in the future. I'm currently using something with about the
same resource power and I find myself often wishing I had something faster
because Qubes is quite heavy compared to a standard OS. It would be great
to have a quad core CPU(and a proper one, not one of those power-saving U
line from Intel), 32GB RAM or more and a NVMe SSD instead of SATA.
Also, there is the issue of the CPU being a 3rd gen Intel i CPU. Maybe this
is specifically chosen because later CPU's are harder to get blob free, I
don't know the details. However, Intel had quite a few side channel
vulnerabilities over the past year, and this year they dropped microcode
update support for 1st gen CPU's, so there is a pretty high chance they
will drop 2nd gen support next year and 3rd gen support the year after that.