I won't feed trolls. But will invite you to find me comparative prices for
grade A x230 i7 2.9ghz of the same specs.
Those are not 200$ CAD, but 940+ (with IPS, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD and Atheros
card) + 80$ for a Librem Key (80$CAD) which will visually attest integrity
of firmware at each boot, while permitting to sign boot configuration
changes and attest that you approved the changes. Added to that price is
500$CAD for the service made on the laptop to neuter Intel ME, flash the
rom, preinstall QubesOS and latet updates, preinstall a Windows7 TemplateVM
that you can activate over Windows activation phone line. While permitting
to have provable integrity, to attest to you that the laptop haven been
tampered with in transit, added with a tamper evident sticker on the main
screw of the laptop, required to unscrew to access internal hardware.

Compare prices for yourself. You will find used hardware requiring fan/cpu
thermal paste reaaplication, broken cases, 8GB memory equipped laptops with
spinning HD without IPS screen.

Please challenge me:
https://insurgo.ca/produit/qubesos-certified-privacybeast_x230-reasonably-secured-laptop/

My goal is to start a workers/buyers cooperative with this, charging an
additional flat fee on top of hardware cost for what is done on the
refurbished hardware. That money is my salary and personal funding source
to pay for other knowledgeable work, pay for QubesOS development and for
sure, also pay myself so I do not have have a job outside of this and
dedicate myself to open hardware and projects that need money to go
forward, while continuing to do security trainings for right defenders,
that need this kind of tool, btw.

OEM reownership in action, permitting QubesOS preinstallation on "slightly
more secured hardware" (Heads moto):
https://archive.org/details/activateoemreownership

The more refurbisher sources of high end and grade A hardware, the best
prices users will get.
Finding a secure source for that model was not an easy task.
Try it for yourself. You will see. Its quite easy to find one super deal.
Finding a provider is a different story.
If you find one, contact me, you might become a distributor for your own
country!

Doing the OEM reownership to make QubesOS preinstallable was not an easy
task either.
https://github.com/osresearch/heads/pull/551

QubesOS certification was made bridge the gap on having QubesOS
preinstalled, which never happened, even if it was supposed in the past.
To finally promote QubesOS preinstalled machines, without compromising
encrypted keys, while promoting my first move torward "Accessible
security", project for which grant was received. Else users are redirected
on the HCL page and not all people are technical enough to even choose the
right hardware, even less ones that can boot from Open Source Firmware. And
enven less of them will arrive to the point of having a provable root of
trust.

All of this work was made open source, and can be ported to other models
and platforms, which I would really love to see happen though the Heads
project.
I also did the port for the KGPE-D16/KCMA-D8, which you can find on the
Heads github site, which has OpenBMC iKVM module, can be used a QubesOS
server and can be remotely booted, with provable root of trust through
iserted Librem Key.

You are more then welcome to join forces instead of criticizing in a
nonconstructive way.

I'm doing my best to pay myself back 2 years of development and laucnhing
this all by myself. Now is a time for collaboration to make QubesOS more
accessible to freedom defenders, journalists and others who needs this the
most. I will do some of that development myself, made grant paper workto be
able to pay other people's work and plan on doing that until we have
something free to propose to the masses, which supports QubesOS.

If you are knowledgeable/technical enough to be able to do it yourself and
be able to own provable boot security, then you are more then welcome to do
it yourself or be helped by a friend. If you are not in that situation,
that is why I did that work and to be able to promote such solutions in my
own security trainings for organizations and journalists.

If you want to support my work, you are more then welcome to do it, by
proposing collaboration and support other hardware through Heads or other
Open Source Firmware where the same reownership logic could apply and
guarantee integrity/security/confidentiality and in transit tamper evidence.

As all of you, I would prefer promoting more performant hardware to the
masses, but i'm not compromising myself in promoting FSP binary-blob
dependent hardware initialized by non-free Coreboot, nor non-neuteured
Intel ME or AMD equivalent crap running by default, or simply asked to be
deactivated while binary blobs are still there in SPI flash.

Cheers,
Thierry/Insurgo