American Qubist 001:
"Dont top-post on this list.

*If your mailer puts the cursor at the top of the message, scroll to the
bottom before you start typing.*
It takes you seconds, but makes it easier for everyone else who reads
your messages."
SOURCE: Unman's signature.
MY "TIP"
If you go to https://groups.google.com you might find it easier to reply
either
to the group or to an individual, and avoid top-posting.
MY COMMENTS:

A. IMHO this is more helpful than the bare admonition "don't top-post" as

(one) we want to make Qubes as user-friendly and accessible as possible,
(two) that would include this forum,  and
(three) the default of gmail and other web-mail applications is to top-post.

B. ( I would guess that there may be is a clear and convincing reason to
create
an exception and deliberate top post, for instance if one has created a
thread
and wishes to top-post "SOLVED" to implicitly close the discussion. But this
is speculation on my part the ultimate decision revolves on what the
community
and/or list owner desires.)

C. Admin or user comments welcome but not necessary, this thread can serve
as a reference to
new users, people who have been away from the list for a while and forgot
this,
or people who are understandbly a bit confused about how to not  top-post.

D. It might be helpful if there was a way that regular users (non-admins)
could delete their own posts
and repost if accidentally top posting but I don't know that there is any
way to do that.

If you're using Thunderbird, the default is to top post, but that can be changed by going to account settings -> composition & addressing. There should be a dropdown that says start my reply above the quote, change it to start my reply below the quote.