On 2019-09-24 18:21, Michael Siepmann wrote:
> I've read and followed the instructions on
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/gui-configuration/ but the problem I'm
> having is different. Here's what happens:
>
> 1. I'm using VMs on a 4K monitor successfully, via DisplayPort.
>
> 2a. I have Dom0 screensaver set to Blank Screen Only and it blanks after
> the configured number of minutes
>
> OR 2b. I switch to using the laptop screen, then back to the 4K monitor
>
> OR 2c. The computer wakes from sleep while the 4K monitor is in power
> saving mode.
>
> 3. I can no longer click the mouse in my VMs (though it seems as if
> maybe all clicks register in a very small area at the top left). The
> mouse works normally in dom0.
>
> 4. If I switch to the laptop internal screen it works fine there, but if
> I switch back to the 4K monitor it still doesn't work there. The only
> way to get mouse clicking working in the VMs again is to shut down the
> VM and restart it while using the 4K monitor.
>
> The same thing happens if the computer goes to sleep and when I wake it
> up the monitor is in power saving mode. My current workaround is to
> disable the screensaver, and remember to wake the monitor before waking
> the computer,
>
> Is this a bug I should report? Has anyone else encountered this behavior?

I've encountered this bug (or a similar one) as well on a 4K monitor. It
appears that the mouse clicks only register if they're within the top
left width and height of the laptop resolution.

A workaround I've discovered is just restarting your VMs while your 4K
monitor is plugged in. If you start a VM with the monitor plugged in, it
lets you click anyone on the monitor within that VM.