Hi,

I found a problem yesterday: I had some markdown text rendered to HTML with the
smartypants option to replace "--" with a long dash. The generated file
contained a unicode entity for that character, I copied it to the clipboard,
then did Ctrl-Shift-C and Ctrl-Shift-V, then pasted in another VM. Suddenly the
unicode character was gone - the only difference as far as I could tell.

Are there known problems in that area? I don't know which software package is
responsible for this - I'm on R4.0 with recent updates.

Thanks
Oli