On Thu, 2019-07-18 at 15:40 +0100, unman wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 10:56:13AM -0700, brendan.h...@gmail.com
> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 10:35:11 AM UTC-4, unman wrote:
> > > I really do recommend using qubesctl for almost all system
> > > configuration. If only because it makes recovery so much easier.
> > > I see people saying "keep a list of packages you've installed" -
> > > if you
> > > keep state and use salt you can rebuild your system (almost)
> > > completely
> > > automatically.
> >
> > Do you happen to have some example "personalized" salt scripts you
> > use (or a pointer to where someone has posted some)?
> >
> > I was planning to put together some bash scripts to push
> > configuration into my templates (90% repo adjustments and specific
> > packages to download), but your comment above is intriguing.

> I cant post my files, but I've put up an example which shows how to
> create a qube for building Qubes.
> Here: - https://github.com/unman/notes/tree/master/config/build
>
> There are some notes I used in training which are a very basic
> hands on intro to salt in Qubes:
> https://github.com/unman/notes/tree/master/salt
>
> In the build example,you'll see:
> 1. Create.sls - Create a new qube: installing fedora-30-minimal if
> not already
> there, cloning to new template, using new template to create qube,
> configure the new qube, and configure dom0.
> 2. install.sls - installs required software in template.
> 3. config.sls - Configures new qube as needed.
>
> I've broken this down to make it as clear as possible, and kept it
> simple.
> You could run each section like:
> qubesctl state.sls build.create
> qubesctl --skip-dom0 --targets=template-builder state.sls
> build.install
> qubesctl --skip-dom0 --targets=builder state.sls build.config
>
> Of course, you can do everything here using scripting. But for some
> things, (like targeting packages and configuration at distro and
> version),
> salt is somewhat easier.
>
> unman

Do you have any demonstration solution that would do something along
the lines of:
a) query templates-itl, templates-itl-testing, templates-community for
the highest fedora-X-minimal version (X) available
b) proceed with installing that version

As far as I know there's no "latest" metapackages that would render
this trivial ...

Sincerely, Joh