Every three months for several years I spend a whole day trying to make the
second video card work on my laptop.
Some will say that it cannot work on laptops for several reasons, in
particular because the consumer GPU does not support vitualization, because
on a MUXed system (radeon 7570M) it is impossible to switch two video cards
simultaneously on the same monitor, almost certainly will not even work on
the external video output, because the ACPI call fails to load the firmware.
I keep doing so many tests, I find out about dozens and dozens of sites,
but I only make small steps forward. Now I can load Windows 7 without
having the blue screen, I see the card in the device manager, but it seems
to be off. (error code 43).
I put all the options, even though they are probably useless.

rd.qubes.hide_pci=02:00.0 modprobe=xen-pciback.passthrough=1
xen-pciback.permissive xen-pciback.hide=(02:00.0)

kernelopts  -  iommu=soft swiotlb=16384
gfx_passthru   True  (qvm-features ??)

But I don't understand why:

1. The windows 7 VM with the attached video card loads only with less than
4GB of RAM (otherwise it is blue screen)

2. I don't find in any way the possibility to edit the virtual machine
configuration XML.
   2.1 under "/ var / lib / qubes / appvms / WIN-7-2 /" the configuration
file no longer exists.
   2.2 I found the way to export the XML with virsh dumpxml, but with the
qvm-start command there is no longer the "--custom-config" option
   2.3 I force editing the XML from virsh edit (VM) in VIM, but then resume
the values ​​entered in qvm-features.
   2.4 I can't change the amount of vram? (qvm-feature video-vram?)

3. the Windows guest video drive (both cirrus and vga) there is no monitor
resolution (1366x768)

Valid and working alternatives:
spice?
ovmf?
dgpu on usb3?
Dell precision 7000 series?

I need windows only because there isn't a valid alternative to photoshop
and other Adobe products, I don't find myself with gimp and krita.

thanks
bye