Claudia:
> My original thought was to just give each one its own directory in
> /boot/efi/EFI/, but the /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/ path seems to be hard coded
> somewhere, probably either in the grub2-efi package (which installs a
> precompiled efi binary to that directory) or in a grub2-install hook
> somewhere. Not sure which of those methods Qubes uses. At least, I
> couldn't figure out any way to persistently change the name of the EFI
> directory. Of course you could make your own directories by copying the
> files. e.g. /boot/efi/EFI/qubes{0,1}/, but when it updates (or you
> reinstall one of them), they would both try to install to
> /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/ again. And you'd have to manually change the path
> each time with efibootmgr.

This is partly what I need to do anyways on an older UEFI system. I
wrote a script that copies the updated files over to BOOTX64, and run it
after every update that touches EFI. Shouldn't be too hard to add
efibootmgr to it, and an edit to the .cfg file pointing at the
appropriate root=. Ignore the redundant .efi copies at the end; I'm
still not entirely sure which one my half broken UEFI implementation uses.

rm /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/init*
rm /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/vmlinuz*
cp /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/init* /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/
cp /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/vmlinuz* /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/
cp /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen.cfg /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.cfg
ls /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen-*.efi
cp /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen-*.efi /boot/efi/
cp /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen-*.efi /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/
cp /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen-*.efi /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi

--
- don't top post