December 19, 2019 12:13 AM, "Claudia" <claud...@disroot.org> wrote:

> This is R4.1 build 20191013
>
> It works pretty well, definitely better than 4.0, but there are some weird
> boot issues. If I let it
> boot with everything as default, it will boot loop before reaching the disk
> password screen. I
> found I can get it to boot successfully if I add to the Xen commandline
> noreboot=1 loglvl=all
> and remove from the linux commandline
> rhgb quiet rd.qubes.hide_all_usb
>
> Still working on narrowing down which of those is/are responsible for fixing
> the problem (I can't
> figure out why any of them would).

Looks like rd.qubes.hide_all_usb is what's causing it to crash. When I remove
it, it boots fine with the graphical splash and passphrase prompt. Another AMD
Ryzen user mentioned having the same problem a while back. Something about
AMD's IOMMU grouping of USB controllers, or something.

I'm planning on installing kernel-latest and I'll test it again when I do.