Thank you for your answer.

What do you mean by “nomodeset” ? - is it regarding legacy and UEFI mode or... ?

As I only have tried with Qubes OS stable version 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 and is now
going to try 4.0.3 the kernel version is 4.19. How can I try to install Qubes
with a newer kernel.

Could an idea be to try to install Linux Mint or Fedora 31 if 4.0.3 doesn’t
work either ? - just to make sure they work and rule basic things out.

Both PartedMagic (24/12-2019) and Trial 4.2.2 live-versions runs fine (and also
Windows 10).