On 2020-02-07 02:43, 'e.sparks15' via qubes-users wrote:
*APL external email warning: *Verify sender qubes-users+bncbcy5z3pfy4frbqfk6tyqkgqewhij...@googlegroups.com before clicking links or attachments

Hello!
I am having trouble anonymizing my MAC address -- the documentation says that I need to go into the Network Manager in the tray on my sys-net Qube, but I can't find NM anywhere. I can access it via the terminal, and have been able to use [[sudo NetworkManager -V]] in both sys-net and dom0, so I know it's there, but I don't know how to access it.

If it's of any help, when I check the version in dom0 it gives 1.4.6-1fc25, but in sys-net it gives 1.15.4-1fc30. Also, I added "network-manager" into the net-sys qube via the "Services" tab in that Qube's settings, but that didn't seem to change anything.

Take a look for "nmcli" in sys-net which allows you to perform command line operations on the NetworkManager service.

There should also be a icon/control on your tasksbar that looks like two computers. Right click that icon to get the menu and select "edit connections".

I've looked through the FAQs, I've searched the web, and I've phoned a friend. I've looked over the documentation, too, but I'm sorry to say that it's beyond my ability to understand at this point*. I've played around with it on my own for a number hours, but I'm just out of my depth here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!