On Sun, Feb 09, 2020 at 12:49:39PM -0000, 'Monsieur DuPont' via qubes-users
wrote:
> That looks like a good solution, unfortunately I couldn't find any easy way to
> do it online (I have no experience in Linux terminal kung fu). So any help
> with that regards would be deeply appreciated, especially since the other

that depends a lot on what you are trying to install.

> solution (of cloning a TemplateVM and installing stuff in it) didn't work for

or you just install it in the template, without any cloning.
that should work for anyone who is not part of the "computers are more
secure without a compiler installed" cult.