Hello,
on a new laptop, I am trying to setup Qubes OS 4.0. I have installed the
latest point release (i.e., 4.0.3). I have bunch of issues, the most
important one is that I cannot connect to any network. I have made some
progress, but now, I am asking for some assistance.

The command lspci shows the adapter as Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (rev
1a).

1. Problem: Domain sys-net did not boot at all because of issues with
attaching ethernet PCI device.
Workaround: I don't care much about ethernet, so I removed the PCI device.
Not optimal, but easy and good enough for now.

2. Domain sys-net does not even load iwlwifi kernel module.
Cause: I have found that I need kernel 5.1 or 5.2 (depending on the source).
Solution: Use a backup of up-to-date Fedora 30 VM. Configure the mode to
HVM and the kernel to “(none)”. This will use up-to-date kernel from
Fedora, which is new-enough.
Relevant link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ManjaroLinux/comments/bx0skx/iwlwifi_driver_not_loading_for_intel_ax200_wifi/
Relevant link:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005511/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

3. Domain sys-net loads iwlwifi kernel module, but the Wi-Fi fails
immediately with “Microcode SW error detected. Restarting 0x2000000”. It
seems that Fedora automatically retries again and again and spams the log.
This is the issue I am struggling with.

What I have tried:
* Use Fedora 31. I just cloned Fedora 30 on other laptop, created backup
and transferred to the other laptop. See
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/5289#issuecomment-582442319
* Download ucode from
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005511/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html
* Replace /usr/lib/firmware/iwlwifi-cc-a0-48.ucode by
/usr/lib/firmware/iwlwifi-cc-a0-46.ucode if `sudo dmesg | grep 'firmware
version'` suggests that the 48 is being loaded. I did it in the TemplateVM,
rebooted sys-net and ensured that 46 is being loaded. According to the
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005511/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

, the version 46 is for AX200 and 48 is for AX201.
No combination of those has helped, I am still getting the errors.

Logs (Fedora 31, ucode from Intel):
* Log sample (truncated, because it was too large, but it seems that
messages are repeating):
https://gist.github.com/v6ak/1cb7b172f63f8c20d7c4004f7996de39
* Just unique messages (just proves there is nothing more interesting,
computed before the truncation):
https://gist.github.com/v6ak/f429774566cca097f51445ed93305136

What I haven't tried:
* Updating the dom0 – a bit chicken-egg problem, since I don't have
Internet connection on this laptop. I probably could transfer updates from
the other laptop, but I don't think this would make a difference.
* Use Debian. Due to the kernel version, it does not seem to be worth
trying.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Vít Šesták 'v6ak'