Hello,

I cannot boot on Qubes anymore but I can access the file system. When I mount
my qubes partition, it give me a huge mess of small 2g partition and bigger
ones.

My goal is to reinstall qubes and I would  like to restore my old VM with the
backup restoration and migration <https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/backup-restore/>
feature of qubes.

Is it possible and if so, which files should I look for ?

If not, what are my other options ?

( this is a clone the following reddit post :
https://www.reddit.com/r/Qubes/comments/fmjr98/how_can_i_recover_my_qubesvm_if_i_cannot_boot/
 )