> > actualy, those are not "answers" at all.
> > there is nothing in this description confirming you know how to
> > configure a network interface under linux.

My apologies unman that I am not a Linux poweruser. I have only been using it
casually for the past 20 years. I have yet to run into a situation where I was
not able to configure my network on any SUSE/Slackware, Debian or RHEL based
systems. The reason I came here is to get help, not to be reminded what I do
not understand or know about networking.

> > since you confirmed the second port is working in general, this
> > is unlikely to be a qubes problem.
> > may be a whatever-your-netvm-distro-is problem.
> > or more likely, a configuration problem.
> > try booting whatever the distro in your netvm is off a USB stick
> > or dvd (== without xen involved), and get the right network
> > interface to work on the right port with that.
> > then copy over the interface configuration to your netvm.

So my understanding is that it would not solve the DHCP settings but if I were
to try manually setting it then Fedora stores the settings in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-Wired_connection_# which is not a
permanent location in Qubes so I'd lose it with every reboot.

And just to be really sure everything is working on the machine I tested all
interfaces with manual and DHCP settings with the Live boot Fedora and
everything was working.

Can someone please try to help me solve this issue? Everything in line after
Qubes is 100% working as designed. There is someting with the Qubes gateway
that I am goofing up and I cannot find what is wrong.