On Mon, May 04, 2020 at 12:28:27PM -0700, viktor.ransm...@gmail.com wrote:
> If I'd like to remove any old & **unused** Template VMs (e.g. Debian 9,
> Fedora 29, etc.) all I have to do is to start the Qubes Manager, select the
> template I'd like to remove - and - select 'Delete qube' ...

this should not work for templates that were installed by rpm.
you will have to use "rpm -e qubes-template-fedora-23" (or similar).
this will also require you clean up anything depending on these
templates first, like switching all VMs using them to something else,
removing related dvm templates ...

i recommend to keep your one-generation-outdated mainline-template
around (even if it is EOL) if you can spare the diskspace.
if you manage to wreck your new mainline template some way, it is
easier to recover from that with an outdated than with no template.