On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 02:17:15PM +0100, unman wrote:
Salt is used to provision the qubes at initial install - I'd also argue
that you *should* use salt to set up and control your templates and
qubes, since it allows you to rebuild your system automatically. No more
trying to remember what packages you installed in a template, or how you
set up a particular qube.

That sounds excellent. I've never used Salt. Is there a writeup anywhere explaining how to use it for setting up & controlling templates?

In Qubes, by default, there is one minion, in dom0, which isn't
networked. So there is no scope for this vulnerability to impact the salt
configuration that Qubes uses, and to undermine the security of dom0.

Great, thanks for clearing this up!