Saw the new f31 templateVM (thanks for that) and just curious how folks generally migrate to a new templateVM.

I manually maintain this big text list of packages and just use that to manually update the fresh templateVM to what I need. There's typically also some non package installs, which I include basic pointers for (think downloaded rpms and so forth), as well as some outside repos to add (e.g. keybase). There's also typically some packages I forgot to put on the list, which I can usually suss out by going through the bash history for the old template, although often there's one or two that slip through the cracks, which I find out about eventually and it's not a huge deal.

I'm particularly curious if anyone does anything more sophisticated than that, using salt or some other automated deploy system to prep new template images.

Thanks for any tips!