Hello Dennis,

dennisjmen...@gmail.com schrieb am Donnerstag, den 28.05.2020 um 21:58:
> Full transparency, I’m completely new to Qubes. So treat me like I’m an
> idiot.
>
> I’ve dd’d the iso onto my usb 3.0 drive using Rufus.
>
> When I run the installer legacy it opens the installer GUI.
>
> I’ve tried:
> • regular install of R4.0.3.
> • test this media and install Qubes R4.0.3
> • ran UEFI text only installer.
> • different usb drives. (But same brand.)
> • different USB ports
>
> Always, I get the message:
> X startup failed, aborting installation.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

You could try another Live-Linux Distro (for example fedora) to
find out, whether your graphics hardware is supported by Linux at all.

See
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/creating-and-using-a-live-installation-image/index.html
for more information.

Best regards, Peter Funk
--
Peter Funk ✉:Oldenburger Str.86, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany; 📱:+49-179-640-8878
✉office: ArtCom GmbH, Haferwende 2, D-28357 Bremen, Germany