On 5/25/20 9:25 AM, haaber wrote:
Hi,

I don't know what to do now because I want to switch to the Qubes OS
operating system soon, that's why I'm asking you!

Because I suspect that you can no longer use them with Qubes OS.
That's why I'm interested in whether there is such software in Qubes OS.

I second the other answers, especially Sven Semmler's. If you have only
"consumer experience" with  windows, the change can be quite rough, so
if you have only ONE working machine, then  *do not even think of*
installing qubes on that. Use a second machine, get used to it, first.

Or, if required space is not a big problem, get an external disk or SSD to install and boot Qubes OS to/from. (This message is written using Thunderbird inside Debian-10 AppVM in QubesOS booted from an external disk)

Before wiping windows, make backups: often user data is spread in
windows machines, over folders & partitions and it is hard to find all
of it. So do a *full* backup. Otherwise, I suggest you write on a piece
of paper "I acknowledge that all my data may be lost", so you can't tell
yourself afterwards you did not know.

I'm still using Windows, too...

If you are worried about OCR, have a look at "tesseract". It is free &
one of the best anyways. Consider a donation, if you are happy with it,
instead of buying the first one you see.

Bernhard