So thanks for the tip, I have now put videoram min to 36000 and overhead to
0.
Lets see if the machine still bugs around.

BTW, any thoughts on fighting the ME using qubes, so no more
complete disassembly of laptops, de-soldering flash chips,
soldering some small circuits to the south bridge and so on.

Tricking around with the hw, is risky especially on a laptop, a honey pot
approach might be a solution against the ME, but it is ring -3, that evil
beast.

Cheers

Ludwig