On 8/5/20 7:56 AM, Chris Laprise wrote:
On 8/5/20 6:54 AM, Dylanger Daly wrote:
On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 4:04:32 PM UTC+10 dylang...@gmail.com wrote:

    When trying to install Qubes 4.0.3 or 4.1 (Test ISO) into a Ryzen
    4750U based laptop, I see xen output, it relinquishes vga to dom0,
    then black.

    I managed to enabled logging, where it prints dom0's dmesg super
    slow, line by line.

    efifb:cannot reserve video memory at 0x60000000
    efi:EFI_MEMMAP isnotenabled

    Then it crashes but it continues to come all the way to Anaconda
    confirming it's a GPU/Memory Issue

    This seems to be related to UMA / iGPU Memory Management, unsure if
    it's just that Kernel Support for this CPU is spotty, Fedora 32 Live
    USB boots perfectly.

    This is 100% a Display/GPU issue has everything else comes up
    smitten, I just don't see anything / the framebuffer isn't passed
    from Xen to dom0.

Another user had similar symptoms as you with a Ryzen 3200G, apparently not resolved...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/75241cee-4e22-4a63-b81e-46581ede9308%40googlegroups.com

--
Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket