> Since the lions' share of Qubes installs are Intel based, I think a
> side-channel attack would be the most likely way to breach a Qubes
> system.

I thought Spectre and Meltdown have been dealt with by shutting off
hyperthreading and updating microcode? Also, the latest CPUs have Spectre
mitigation built-in, though this only deals with the earlier variants of
the attacks if I remember correctly.

> DDR4 memory offers a big attack surface as well

Does this refer to the RowHammer (HammerRow?) attack?

> OTOH, a state actor wishing to attack a Qubes system might have better
luck with the RPM MITM against Fedora that we discussed in another thread.

Pretty much my biggest concern right now, though I'm procrastinating on
writing the damn script

Relevant to the thread:
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/08/nsa-and-fbi-warn-that-new-linux-malware-threatens-national-security/

P.S. I'm not liking this new Google Groups look