On 8/19/20 2:08 PM, 54th Parallel wrote:
Quick question:

I decided to try out KDE on 4.0 and was liking it until I noticed the low overall framerate and the high CPU usage of dom0 shown in xentop whenever there's motion (like dragging windows around). Since I'm using an i7-1065G7, power shouldn't be an issue, so I was surprised.

Is there any way I can fix this? Has anyone here experienced this?

Not an issue with dom0 KDE here. But I did have this problem with k/ubuntu on my new AMD Ryzen Thinkpad... graphics driver was not working and defaulted to a non-accelerated framebuffer mode. In this case I had to upgrade the kernel to resolve it.

Check output of 'sudo lspci -nnk' and look for the section with 'VGA'. If it says 'unclaimed' then your graphics driver isn't working. The 'lshw' command can also be used for a different view; it will show the VGA section with a line 'configuration: driver=<yourGPUkerneldriver>' if its working or the 'driver' part will be absent if its not working.

--
Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket