On Thursday, 20 August 2020 at 13:25:49 UTC+8 Chris Laprise wrote:

> On 8/20/20 12:29 AM, 54th Parallel wrote:
>
> I switch off any nvidia gpus before installation. The company is
> anti-open source and I'm not interested in running drivers that are the
> result of a cat-and-mouse obfuscation game.
>
> --
> Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
> https://github.com/tasket
> https://twitter.com/ttaskett
> PGP: BEE2 20C5 356E 764A 73EB 4AB3 1DC4 D106 F07F 1886

I tried to find ways to disable my Nvidia GPU before my first installation
since the i7-1065G7 has a more powerful integrated one but didn't find
anything. The BIOS doesn't have anything either. I didn't install any
drivers but my display works fine, so am I free of Nvidia drivers?

Oh, and quick question about Qubes VM hardening: I have it installed and
working fine on all of my VMs except one, where every time that VM boots
up, it automatically starts an xterm window headlined with '**
VM-BOOT-PROTECT SERVICE SHELL' . This happens on a debian-10-minimal
sys-dispVM when VM-boot-protect (not root) is enabled and disabled. DispVM
Template displays the same behavior with an added error line 'cat:
/var/run/vm-boot-protect-error: No such file or directory'.  The DVM
template has VM-boot-protect-root enabled.

Problem persists after reinstallation of hardening in template. It doesn't
seem like a major error, but it's bugging me. I'd be grateful for any
pointers