On 8/21/20 6:37 PM, 54th Parallel wrote:
On Friday, 21 August 2020 at 23:35:05 UTC+8 deeplow wrote:

It's working just fine for me (also tried it in chromium version
83.0.4103.116). Does it work for you in other browsers?

Working fine on Firefox and Tor Browser, but not Chrome 84.0.4147 on Chrome
OS (yes, I'm a dirty Google user). I did some tinkering and I misspoke
earlier--uMatrix was showing everything being allowed so I said it was
disabled. It turns out actually switching off uMatrix allows the site to
appear, even though it should theoretically not be doing anything.

This was *not* the case earlier, hence why I was (and am) so confused.
Someone should see if they can replicate this.

If you configure Firefox and uMatrix properly you should see less of these funnies creep up. Have a look at this guide, https://12bytes.org/articles/tech/firefox/firefoxgecko-configuration-guide-for-privacy-and-performance-buffs.

If that is too much for you there is also a 'for dummies' guide, https://12bytes.org/articles/tech/firefox/the-firefox-privacy-guide-for-dummies.

The above guides are linked full of very useful information, tips and tricks, proper configuration methodology, and plain good old advice.

I find it a bit funny that you are paranoid about some unknown adversary tampering with your hardware in transit but you seem to use Google products a lot.