On 11/8/20 11:38 AM, Stumpy wrote:
I was listening to the ubuntu podcast and one of the guys there mentioned he just setup his new computer with a PCIE gen4 m.2 card which enabled him to run 4 m.2 drives at the same time, he also squeezed more performance out of it by doing raid 0 across the 4 drives.

Asides from the risk of loosing data, does/would #1 Qubes support pcie gen4? #2 Is is possible to (if the hardware doesnt support it for some strange reason) to do raid0 across 4 drives on a pcie m.2 card?

I am not in a huge hurry to upgrade but when i do i am keen on getting a storage option that will make my qubes setup fairly fast and i assume that with a super fast drive setup it would be able to sping up appvms faster?

Another, perhaps more basic question, is anyone running qubes on a pci-e gen 4 enabled motherboard? (and able to take, more or less, full advantage of its speed).