On 11/10/20 2:10 PM, 'Totally Zoid' via qubes-users wrote:
I can't answer your question for certain, I changed my disk and CPU at the same
time. It takes me ~10 sec to start a disposable Firefox, from clicking on the
start menu entry to the window popping up (with about 20 VMs running in the
background and no heatsink on the SSD).

I used to have an i5 and a 5400rpm drive and it was slow as hell, I couldn't
even start two VMs at the same time without one of them crashing. Then a couple
years ago I upgraded to Ryzen 7 and a gen3x4 SSD and while things aren't quite
as instant as I'd like, it's good.

I dunno if you're running / can run at full speed a NVMe drive with the chipset
you're on. If not your CPU might be bottlenecking your disk speed, not just
your code execution speed. If you're upgrading the CPU you'll have to buy a new
motherboard, which is roughly $150 for Ryzens.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.