Hi,

On 12/12/20 1:36 AM, 'keyandthegate' via qubes-users wrote:
> I want to use btrfs for the snapshots feature in my appvms.
>
> I know Qubes supports btrfs for dom0:
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2340
> <https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2340>
>
> Does Qubes support using btrfs in individual appvms?
>
> If not is there some other way I can get snapshots? It would make me
> less afraid to make a mistake while using my computer.

Qubes creates a "snapshot" when you start a VM using reflink copies.

If you look at "/var/lib/qubes/appvms/<SomeAppVM>" (or other btrfs pool)
on dom0 you will see some "private.img.XX@XXXX-XX-XXXX". This files are
snapshots from that date before the AppVM was started.

Currently you can use 'qvm-volume' for revert some image to an older
state but you will lose the present image. If you want to start an older
image you can create a new VM and overwrite his 'private.img' with some
"private.img.XX@XXXX-XX-XXXX".

Hopefully in the future this could be improved, I would like to just
start a DispVM based in a snapshot using few mouse clicks or a single
command.

In any case I recommend you to do regular backups ;)