TheCrispyToast:
On Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 12:18:54 AM UTC awokd wrote:

This seems like it could be a hardware or disk corruption issue. Try
hitting ctrl-alt-F5 to switch to a text terminal when you are at the
grey screen. Should hopefully be able to login there and pull logs. If
your disk was close to filling up, that could point more towards drive
corruption.

My disk was definitley not close to filling up, but it may have been one
of the VM partitions that was close to filling up. I have managed to get
into the dom0 terminal upon bootup. Excuse my ignorance, but could you
asssit with the proper commands for pulling logs and/or turning certain VMs
off from startup? I think itd be better to start a boot with only dom0
running. As I said before, sometimes it will let me even get logged in and
then once whonix appears to start the whole system freezes.

"sudo journalctl -b" might be helpful. If you can get into dom0, "qvm-prefs sys-whonix autostart false" will do that. Might also set sys-firewall and sys-net autostart to false.

--
- don't top post