TheCrispyToast:
Edit: I did some research and meant to edit this before I posted. Watchdog
actually appears to be an NMI and I found one thread about someone
increasing the threshold? I had thought this was a response error to when I
tried to disable the firewall/net VM but actually might be an error of its
own. Are my resources being hogged up somehow? I have made it past user
account login twice now, both times it will let me move the mouse for a bit
and then when i try to click on anything the whole system freezes.

If it's any indicator, I can load debian just fine so I don't think its
anything hardware related. I must have tweaked with a setting in qubes I
wasn't supposed to.

Yes, that CPU lockup is causing your troubles. It's often caused by a misbehaving hardware device. Have you added any recently, or upgraded the kernel? Since it's related to your mouse movement, any USB devices? You can try the previous kernel by changing it per https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/software-update-dom0/#changing-default-kernel.

--
- don't top post