unman schrieb am Samstag, den 16.01.2021 um 01:39:
> Many attacks rely on chaining exploits and loopholes in an assortment of
> applications and libraries.
> You see this very often in "capture the flag" contests, and in real
> world attacks.
> Are there risks? Of course.

Sorry for stealing this thread and jumping to a related topic:

If someone is going to attack my digital life I would like to
know about it.

What do you think about HIDS (host-based intrusion detection systems)?

For example https://www.la-samhna.de/samhain/index.html is such a
system.  While your point about broadening the attack surface will
certainly also apply to such additional software it might on the other
hand help to get hints that you or more specific a certain qube of yours
is currently being attacked.

Best regards (oder in Deutsch: Liebe Grüße), Peter Funk
--
Peter Funk ✉:Oldenburger Str.86, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany; 📱:+49-179-640-8878