On 2/25/21 9:41 PM, 'Ben Moody' via qubes-users wrote:
Some prior reports report these machines are working

Hi Ben,

I could only find one report for this exact machine and that's the report from Jan Fabo [1]. But even then your machines are not 100% the same. Jan's machine runs an older BIOS (v1.5.0) and has an i9-8950HK. But that's about all the difference I could see from the HCLs. It might be worth to contact him and exchange experiences / document them here for others.

I have merged your reports into one HCL (they can contain multiple versions) and submitted a PR [2]. The one from Jan will remain separate because of how the HCL format is structured (if there is any hardware difference it needs to be a separate entry -- makes sense).

Thank you for the report! Happy to read you have a Qubes OS install that works for you ("X1 Carbon 5th running 4.0.4 w/ i3").

/Sven

[1] https://groups.google.com/g/qubes-users/c/jg2XjhLylc0/m/XKox0B7jCQAJ
[2] https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-hcl/pull/47

--
 public key: https://www.svensemmler.org/0x8F541FB6.asc
fingerprint: D7CA F2DB 658D 89BC 08D6 A7AA DA6E 167B 8F54 1FB6