On 5/26/21 8:53 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
On 5/13/21 2:36 PM, 'taran1s' via qubes-users wrote:
due to my work assignment, I will need to use MS Office 365 and I would like to keep using my Qubes laptop.

IMHO running Office 365 from Qubes OS makes very little sense

The entire idea of Qubes OS is to compartmentalize your information, so
malicious code in one qube cannot damage the rest of your system.
Arguably it makes more sense to run Windows/O365 in Qubes OS then it
does bare metal.

Will Office work without OneDrive?

Of course.

Does that work (e.g. copying text in a non-X11 application to paste it into some X11 application)?

Yes, in both cases: Windows qube with QWT or using Cross-Over (Win API emulated in X11)

Does Office/365 support Windows 7?

Yes it does. I have used it this way myself.

Ulrich, I found this particular post of yours remarkably uninformed and not constructive. It's not like the OP or myself advocate the use of O365, but there are circumstances where one HAS to use something in the context of earning money. Everyone outside of academia should be familiar with that situation.

/Sven

--
 public key: https://www.svensemmler.org/0x8F541FB6.asc
fingerprint: D7CA F2DB 658D 89BC 08D6 A7AA DA6E 167B 8F54 1FB6