On 5/26/21 11:01 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
most spammers want "to buy our products" ;-) Still we are not able to
use Office 365.

That one went straight over my head, possibly been away from Germany for
too long (15 years). Sorry for being a bit grumpy. Didn't sleep much
last night.

For others finding this thread later: of course in many cases
LibreOffice is the way to go. It's what I too use 95% of the time. If
you are just dealing with DOC(X)s, chances are you can do everything in
LibreOffice even when collaborating with M$ Office users.

Watching PPT(X) files works great too, but there will be minor format
errors. However, if you have to collaborate with M$ Office users working
on a PPT(X) for example, you will become very unpopular fast if you try
to pull that off using LibreOffice. The results just look too different.

Don't know about spreadsheets much, but I guess if you go all power user
on the formulas there might be surprises too.

Bottom-line: I get why someone might HAVE TO use Office just to not piss
off everyone else they are working with.

/Sven

--
 public key: https://www.svensemmler.org/0x8F541FB6.asc
fingerprint: D7CA F2DB 658D 89BC 08D6 A7AA DA6E 167B 8F54 1FB6