On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 11:22:01PM -0300, Franz wrote:

> Other strange things happened:
> To restore a backup I connected an external USB disk with the backup to the
> second USB qube and under the restore command I clicked on the external USB
> disk to mount it. When I did that, a black background message on the upper
> right part of the screen told me that the disk was removed, while, at the
> same time it was NOT removed at all because the triangle showed that the
> disk was mounted and the  content of the external USB disk was shown. Using
> my old and trusted x230 for many years this never happened. So I suppose it
> is strange.
>
> Also, the computer seems much slower than my old x230, which is strange
> being a new computer
>
> If you want me to try commands and report results, just ask, I am very
> willing to do anything that may be helpful to solve these problems.
> best

Hi Franz

Sorry for the radio silence. I'll dig in to the logs you provided in
the morning.
At this stage I would *seriously* be thinking of looking for a refund or
replacement - you simply shouldn't be having these issues with a new
computer, particularly if you had told them you would be running Qubes.

Is it possible for you to boot a live distro from USB and see if the
same issues exist?