Franz:

Just to note that I made some improvements: I bought two different PCI USB
controllers, connected the mouse and keyboard to one of them and kept the
other one for connecting hard disks, USB keys, file transfers, and
sometimes a printer. Everything works reliably.

Regarding the noise of the fans, I bought a water cooling system with a
radiator outside of the room, to keep it silent.

The only remaining issue is that it is slow. It is slower than my x230. But
x230 has 16G RAM and ME, while with this KCMA-D8 I have 32G RAM, no ME and
coreboot.

Nice setup!

--
- don't top post